Monday, April 30, 2012

30 Days to Find a Roommate and an Apartment. Ready, Set, Go!!

So I've been seeing someone for about a month and we've been officially dating for a couple of weeks. Things have been going good with him. Work is great. I've met a lot of cool people and have had a blast at various bars in Astoria. While everything has been going great, my life with my roommate has steadily gone down hilll.
She started giving me problems after my bf stayed the night on the weekend. She said having someone over stressed her out. My sister came to visit a couple of weeks ago and my roommate told me that stressed her out too. Since my bf can't come over, we hung out on the roof. She said I can't hang out on the roof anymore because someone might fall off and sue she and the landlord. She complained that I get home too late. I am a 31 year old woman paying half of the rent.....right??? So, swf sent me an email this morning telling me our living arrangement isn't working and that I have 30 days to move out. I really wanted to email her back telling her what a disgusting and inconsiderate roommate she has been. She doesn't always flush the toilet after taking a shit, leaves dirty underwear on the ground, tells me digusting things about her period every month, has clothes all over the apartment and wakes me up by talking to herself.
I've got 30 days to find a roommate and an apartment if I want to stay in Astoria or get a cheap place by myself in Brooklyn, the Bronx or Harlem.
I've been wanting to move out but hadn't really pursued it. Now I've gotten the kick in the ass that I needed. This is streassful but it's a good thing. 30 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment