Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Be Brave; Be Strong!

Today is the first opportunity that I've gotten to actually walk around New York City. It has been eleven days since I moved here. Today is very overcast and unfortunately, I'm one of those people that are highly affected by the weather, my surroundings and music.
I'm not religious but I stepped into a beautiful church today and sat for a little while. I prayed for courage, confidence, security in the decisions that I've made and to maintain a positive attitude. Its easy to feel down when you're wandering in such a populated city by yourself. My bank account resembles the one of my college days. I see Christmas lights going up around the city and I can't help thinking that I'll be by myself these holidays.
These are the decisions that I've made and I have to believe in them as much as my family and friends do. So many people are so happy for me and are rooting for my success here. They are giving me more strength than they'll ever know and if I make it here its because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment