Thursday, December 22, 2011

I quit!

I quit my job this week. Well, it was my externship, but it was paid, so it might as well have been a job. They were working me about 70 hours a week and I wasn't getting treated that great for a majority of those hours. The chef de cuisine was good; brutally honest but fair. Not everyone was like that there. I decided I came all the way to New York...not to endure that! I've applied to mainly cook positions but have also applied to a few management and sever positions. I figure
I'm well-rounded and could do a good job in a few different positions. As long as I'm working in a restaurant I'm happy!
Life in New York is good. I'm learning to shut up in public and to be more introspective. Good stuff. This is a great city and I'm embracing it. I'm happy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment