Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happiness

Two days ago was my bday...31 now. One year after my "awakening". I think about where I was in my life one year ago. Married, feeling like my life was written out for me being married and working in marketing. I thought about the possibility of not being married and following my dreams of cooking professionally. So here I am, one year later, divorced and employed as a cook in NYC.
Am I happier, yes...in some ways. Life is unpredictable, which is what I wanted but I'm surrounded by people that I've known for a few months. I miss my Tampa friends which I've known for several years. I don't have a boyfriend here and being married for seven years will get you used to always having someone around to cuddle with and love. I hate being alone and that's the hardest part of being here. I always feel some saddness and I hate that. People at work even said that I seem sad....and that is SAD!!
I thought I was a happy person until I moved here. Now I wonder if I'm just an unhappy person. My wish when I see a star is always the same "I wish for hapiness in all areas of my life". Lately that feels impossible. Maybe I am an unhappy person and that's who I am. I made the same wish when I blew out my birthday candles but I don't think that's the answer.
I need to figure out what makes me happy. That is the biggest challenge I face. How the hell do I figure that out??

No comments:

Post a Comment