Friday, February 24, 2012

I am human

I'm generally a happy person, so I guess feelings of unhappiness are normal. My last blog was about me feeling very blah and missing my family and friends. For the record, I don't think that I'm an unhappy person, just get those feelinhs sometimes...so I am like everyone else in that regard!
When I was on the train today I was looking around at everyone (no ipod still!!) and I was thinking about the basic traits we all have that make us similar. I saw faces that looked exhausted, faces that were enjoying the music they were listenting to, faced that reflected thoughts of a far away place...all faces that I've had. Its nice to be around people and to see the similarities. We've all had happiness and have endured struggles and I see people everyday that remind me that we're all the same. Compassion is what I feel for the strangers that I see everyday because I know many have had the same emotions I've had.
I've done the same thing my family did over thirty years ago; move somewhere far away in search of a better future. My family moved from Brazil to a country where they didn't even speak the language, so how hard can this be for me? This is nothing compared to what they experienced. Sacrificing and chasing a better future runs in my family and here I am in New York continuing the chase!

No comments:

Post a Comment